Is it us or does it suddenly seem like less is so much more? While the minimalist lifestyle has been gaining traction for a while now, many are looking to trim the fat in their closets. After all, who doesn’t have a large selection of unworn, often low-quality items?
Let’s have a wardrobe that is “ made up of really versatile pieces that you totally love to wear.” Each season (spring, summer, fall, and winter), you clear your closet except for these set number of pieces . Your collection can be made up of a combination of items you already own and love to wear, as well as new, quality items that you can shop for once a season.
By shopping only once a season, you save money on frivolous items that add up. Also, by narrowing wardrobe, you can understand your style more.
Here’s what I did:
1. Pare down your closet to 30 items.
2. Wear only those 30 items for three months. Mix and Match.
3. Don’t go shopping during the season
4. During the last two weeks of the season, plan and shop for your next season.
5. The amount you buy for the next season is up to you, but remember less is more.
– Tandrani Raj