Ahoy, There! You don’t have to leave the coast to wear one of the hottest styles of summer. We’re talking Nautical. The look seems to make a comeback every summer with no plans of going out of style.
The trend of seafaring has always had its cache since the ‘20s. The look is synonymous with sophistication and always works with denim, making a casual outfit look valiant.
Getting that perfect nautical look is simple. Just team-up whites, navy blues and stripes. It has a clear edge because it works for all ages.
Here are some style ideas for this summer’s nautical rage.
- Focus on several key pieces in your oceanic wardrobe. These could be striped shirts, relaxed fit jeans, seersucker pants or shorts.
- Big and bold stripes are the way to go. They can be paired with your regular jeans or shorts. So sail ahead with those jumbo stripes.
- Build off these key pieces. Pair a striped shirt with jeans or white cotton pants or wear a plain white t-shirt with a pair of seersucker shorts.
- Look for shorts that fall just above your knees. They should fit snugly but not too tightly.
- Add a striped tie to a plain white collared shirt for a nautical look that is appropriate for work or just tuck your shirt into your seersucker shorts or pants and wear a light leather belt.
Let me know what you think!